BioWare: Community Coordinator
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 152845
Position Title: Assoc Marketing Specialist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Community Coordinator Contractor
BioWare Austin is currently searching for a Community Coordinator to support Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day content creation, social media management, and internal reporting for Star Wars: The Old Republic. While working in a cross functional team the Temporary Community Coordinator will also assist in managing external influencers including Guilds, Fan Sites, and live streamers. This role will also directly support the Community Manager in all community related tasks. In-depth knowledge of the massively multiplayer online gaming community and STAR WARS: The Old Republic are key success factors for this position.
What the Community Coordinator will do at BioWare:
- Work with internal teams including Marketing, Development, and more to coordinate web and social media content around upcoming updates
- Creation of visual assets for web and social content
- Prepare and communicate the community content schedule to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight of all social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Act as point of contact to build and maintain relationships to all external influencers including Guilds, Fan Sites, streamers, and more.
- Generate regular reports around influencer activity and sentiment.
- Assist in the recruiting and operations of our testing programs.
- Generate feedback reports based on Development Team request.
- Escalation of community reported bugs and exploits.
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks.
- 1+ years of experience working as part of a worldwide community team
- 3+ years of experience participating in virtual worlds, online games, and online communities
- Knowledge of Twitch.tv and other live streaming platforms
- Expertise in social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Adobe Creative Suite and video editing experience a plus
- Experience working on large, team-based projects with strict deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Experience with product and corporate branding and online marketing
- Must be extremely organized, and able to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks
- Highly creative, resourceful and visionary
- Exceptional written communication skills, with an excellent understanding of public communication
- Scheduling flexibility including weekend and holiday hours
- Passion for gaming, the gaming industry, and online communities
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Community Coordinator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-02 00:11:32.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US