BioWare: Assistant Systems Designer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 152676
Position Title: Assistant Game Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Systems Designer to join our studio in Austin!!
As an Assistant Systems Designer you will:
- Work with a team of designers and design leadership to implement assets into game data
- Be the primary owner for cataloging online design assets
- Enter string data to support ongoing live content including schematics design
- Own data entry for all schedulable content working from high level strategy
- Create documentation and prototypes for specific and exploratory game systems
The next great BioWare Assistant Systems Designer also needs:
- 1+ years of experience as a game designer working on online/live games
- Familiar with online RPG and Progression game mechanics
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming
- Good understanding of scripting and programming concepts with the ability to implement
- Good knowledge of RPGs, current technology and tools, design concepts and game balancing
- Willingness to adapt and iterate designs
- A passion for gaming
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Assistant Systems Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-27 00:19:36.39
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US