BioWare: Lead Graphics Programmer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 152426
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Graphics Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our art, design, and programming teams to develop the tools and technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading visual experiences using the Frostbite engine.
As a lead, you will oversee planning, design, and implementation of all features developed by your team; participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors; and work with team members to ensure they reaching their potential through mentorship, performance conversations, and regular feedback.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with several years of experience developing rendering systems and tools for AAA console and PC video games. You are a talented, self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with designers and artists on solutions that further our games’ artistic and design vision through immersive graphics.
- Design, create, and maintain graphics systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to improve and leverage Frostbite’s rendering systems.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of rendering systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Optimize performance and memory usage in your domain.
- Drive standard software development processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members regularly.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors.
- Work with team members to maintain and improve their performance, including performance reviews, mentorship, and regular feedback.
- Experience researching, developing, and optimizing rendering techniques and systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience developing systems where concurrency, memory, and performance is important.
- BSc (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience and a good understanding of software design principles including data oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of C# is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Expert-level debugging skills.
- Experience managing other programmers.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Lead Graphics Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-05 18:01:55.31
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA