BioWare: Lead Game Product Manager
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 152420
Position Title: Lead Game PM
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
The Lead Game Product Manager is a senior leader by natural authority, a team player who thrives on collaboration, and a highly effective communicator. You are autonomous and able to convert business goals into actionable tasks and follow them through to completion. You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
BioWare is looking for a Lead Game Product Manager to help combine the best of a continuously updated live game and BioWare’s immersive RPG experiences.
- Collaborate with the project leadership to define and be accountable for the strategy and execution plan to create and operate games that balance creative, business, and player-first execution
- Manage and mentor the Game Product Management team, growing their skills and knowledge while hitting the game Retention, Acquisition, and Monetization KPIs
- Work across disciplines and teams to build the structure and processes that enable the creation and operation of successful live services
- Define best practices for the discipline, from how to build a game from the ground up to managing the day to day live service -- to retain, acquire, engage, and monetize
- Partner with analytics to define the metrics and reporting that will generate actionable insights to drive KPIs, monitor daily, and provide recommendations
- Set up successful collaborations across internal EA studios as well as with external partners
- 8+ years of experience in a relevant Game Product Management or similar
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling games
- Exceptional business & design capabilities - you can confidently draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes
- Proficient in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools
- A deep understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories and demographics
- Business/Marketing/Economics, CS, or related educational background
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Shannon Schlothauer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Lead Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-05 23:27:20.95
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US