BioWare: Systems and Monetization Designer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 152303
Position Title: Game Designer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
The Systems and Monetization Designer is responsible for designing features and experiences that drive retention, acquisition, engagement, and monetization. You love pc, console and mobile games and figuring out what mechanics and systems attract and retain millions of players. You generate models of complex systems that can be clearly understood and built, while also being intuitive and enjoyable for players.
BioWare is looking for a Systems and Monetization Designer to design experiences that combine the best of a continuously updated live game and BioWare’s immersive RPG experiences.
- Create the specs, define the requirements, and implement retention, acquisition, engagement and monetization features and experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Artists, Producers, and Engineers to design and optimize features that achieves the target KPIs and balances the creative, business and player-first execution
- Partner with Analytics to define the metrics that will generate actionable insights on your features to inform design decisions and drive KPIs, monitor, and provide recommendations
- Model out progression, economy, and player behavior to inform feature design and optimization
- Use verbal and written skills to communicate your features to all levels of the project team
- Review implementation and provide clear, actionable feedback
- 3+ years of game development experience on systems and monetization design
- At least 1 shipped title
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Robust understanding of the mathematics required to balance game economies
- Excellent documentation skills, particularly Excel
- A deep understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Shannon Schlothauer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Systems and Monetization Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-28 18:16:59.657
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US