BioWare - Development Manager- Contract
Requisition Number: 151899
Position Title: DM
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager to join our studio in Austin.
What the Development Manager will do at BioWare:
The successful candidate must have proven managerial, leadership and development skills. Core responsibilities include end-to-end development of console games for world-wide release across multiple platforms. In close partnership with producers and quality assurance teams, you will need to manage multiple concurrent teams ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery in a rapidly evolving and fast paced environment. You must be meticulous, detail-oriented and able to multitask efficiently as well as be able to bring sound business judgment when making project decisions. Project managers and Producers with background in gaming should apply.
- Lead and coordinate a team of game designers, engineers, artists and testers.
- Supervise all stages of the production of a project, from its initial feasibility analysis to its certification on all targeted platforms.
- Apply standardized methodology agreed with all partners and enforce it with teams.
- Work closely producers and designers in defining project requirements and work with the team to support design and feature decisions.
- Develop and plan schedules based upon project goals as well as determine dependencies and priorities between tasks. Identify quality, time, inefficiencies and cost conflicts early and during the game development and recommends solutions.
- Be accountable for progress throughout the project and remain within assigned budgets.
- Communicate project plan and progress to team and stakeholders. Liaise with internal and external groups on issues requiring attention.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to team members and less experienced development managers.
- The professional qualities you will need to exhibit to be a successful candidate will show teamwork, diplomacy and client management abilities. Some examples follow: - Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions. Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members. Mitigate team conflict and communication problems. Set and manages client expectations. Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
- 3+ years’ experience in a software development.
- 2+ years’ experience in project management.
- Expert knowledge of the use of project management tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English Assets:
- Experience in gaming industry
- Background in technology or gaming
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban methodologies.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare - Development Manager- Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-07 16:35:57.133
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US