BioWare: Senior Gameplay Programmer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 151896
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Senior Gameplay Programmer will do at BioWare:
- Develop systems for games that serve to bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Drive the implementation of new features and workflows for content creators
- Own multiple major gameplay systems, including setting the direction for their future development
- Oversee the planning, design, and implementation of all features developed by the team
- Cooperate with EA’s central Frostbite engine teams
- Be a mentor for less experienced team members
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 6+ years of programming experience
- Advanced knowledge of C++
- Must have contributed extensively to and shipped one or more game, with preference for AAA console experiences
- Experience working on current console platforms (PS4/Xbox One)
- Solid understanding of linear algebra for 3D game mechanics
- Ability to quickly digest and work with as well as extend existing systems with both internal and external code
- Experience with performance optimization
- Expert-level debugging skills
- Ideal candidate will be able to reference a “signature” gameplay feature they have owned in AAA or otherwise notable video game
- Experience writing networked game code is highly desired
- Knowledge of C# and Python is an asset
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Senior Gameplay Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-03 15:00:20.883
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA