Lead Systems Programmer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 151750
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Lead Systems Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will drive the implementation of new features and workflows for our content creators; become an expert with EA’s internal technologies and contribute by writing features or suggesting improvements to the game and engine systems; and own the performance and optimization of multiple systems that contribute to our games.
As a lead, you will oversee planning, design, and implementation of all features developed by your team; participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors; and work with team members to ensure they reaching their potential through mentorship, performance conversations, and regular feedback.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with several years of experience developing systems for AAA console and PC games. You have advanced level C++ and C# knowledge, and are able to quickly digest, understand, and work with existing systems. You have experience optimizing and debugging complex multi-threaded systems.
- Become an expert in EA’s internal technology and contribute by writing and/or suggesting improvements at the game and engine level as needed.
- Work with EA’s internal shared technology groups when necessary. Develop runtime, pipeline, and tools code.
- Drive the implementation of new features and workflows for content creators.
- Optimize performance and memory usage.
- Drive standard software development processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members regularly.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors.
- Work with team members to maintain and improve their performance, including performance reviews, mentorship, and regular feedback.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and C# is highly desired
- Demonstrable contributions to complex, high-performance software, ideally via high-quality shipped game titles.
- Experience with performance optimization, ideally in a complex multi-threaded environment.
- Expert-level debugging skills.
- Experience managing other programmers.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Systems Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-24 20:54:37.71
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA