BioWare: Audio Artist - Contract
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 151684
Position Title: Audio Artist III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Audio Artist II will do at BioWare:
At our Austin Texas location, the Audio Artist works closely with the audio team and leadership to craft sounds that support our amazing worlds and enable our players to become the heroes of their own story. The Audio Artist is responsible for delivering a high level of quality, on schedule, while exhibiting attributes of collaboration, professionalism, and innovation.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced gamer and sound designer who has a unique commitment to making worlds come alive. You are a story-teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You flourish when you are a part of a highly motivated team that collaborates in a trustworthy, creative environment. You strive to improve and better understand your craft and possess an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
- Design, create and deliver innovative sound design that helps create amazing worlds for our players.
- Imagine, build, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, meaningful aesthetic behaviours.
- Embrace the established BioWare audio model of teamwork throughout the development process.
- At least 2 years industry experience – has created sound, and/or music, hands-on for at least one AAA console titles.
- Proven experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Proficient command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task.
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus.
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical.
- Excellent communication skills – showing humility in exposing roadblocks or requesting assistance.
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration and sharing - you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere.
- A passion for video games and understanding of the role that audio plays in the player experience.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
5 Month contract - Must be eligible to work within the US
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Audio Artist - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-20 15:34:20.72
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US