BioWare: Gameplay Physics Programmer
Requisition Number: 151288
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Gameplay Physics Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our gameplay team as well as with the Frostbite Physics team to develop technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading gameplay experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with experience developing interactive systems that leverage physics technology (e.g. collision detection, spatial queries, rigid body physics, cloth, character physics). You are a talented, self-motivated individual with the capability to write quality software solutions for game design requirements. You are creative, committed and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with gameplay programmers and designers on solutions utilizing physics simulation, collision detection and spatial partitioning, to bring your shared vision of the game to life
- Partner with artists to keep the game in performance and memory targets
- Work closely with the central physics team on emergent issues in the physics technology
- Collaborating on the technology roadmap and integration of new features into the game while in development
- Minimum of 3-5 years of technical experience in the video game or other software industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Familiarity with 3D math used in game mechanics and physics simulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Experience implementing game, simulation or interactive features in real-time applications
- Previous physics programming experience is a plus
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shanda Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Gameplay Physics Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-27 15:21:09.037
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA