Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 151276
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Your Role at BioWare
The Development Systems Group implements and supports content creation tools and workflows for BioWare. We work directly with the Game Development teams to enhance their productivity as well as the overall quality of our games. We are applying microservices, containerization, cloud computing, and other new technologies to solve traditional game development problems. Our current focus is on the design, implementation, and management of new, distributed workflows for localization and voiceover recording.
A successful candidate will enjoy working collaboratively and tackling new and diverse programming challenges. This position reports to the Tools Team lead.
- Collaborate across disciplines to clarify requirements and architect optimal solutions.
- Implement secure, fault tolerant, decoupled micro-services on a container-based infrastructure.
- Implement and/or refactor RESTful Web and Windows applications.
- Develop fully testable, maintainable, extensible, and performant code.
- Coordinate development with multiple studio game teams and external partners.
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers.
- 3+ years professional development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Deep understanding of different networking technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
- Software architecture skills with multi-tier, multi-user systems
- Experience with database design and application development in either relational (SQLServer,MySQL, Postgres) or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) environments
- Extensive Perforce, Git or other SCM experience
- Time management and organizational skills are essential
- Experience developing on both Linux and Windows platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with containerization systems, e.g. Docker, is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows system internals is a plus
- Experience working with agile methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with game development is a plus
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-26 15:11:48.06
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US