Requisition Number: 151124
Position Title: QA Tester II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
This is a temporary fulltime, contract position, no relocation assistance, local candidates only. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
BioWare Quality Assurance acts as a quality gauge during development, testing not only the product, but the processes used to create the product.
What the QA Tester (Contract) will do at BioWare:
- Test Execution and Reporting
- Track service issues from beginning to end
- Finds and reports issues/bugs/inconsistencies
- Verifies the resolution of issues through to the end of the testing process
- Assists in the generation and execution of test cases
- Issue Management and Verification
Who You Are:
- Ability to write detailed, accurate bug reports
- Ability to stay focused when handling repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Avid gamer, fast learner and adaptable
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
- Strong problem identification, communication and solving skills
- Focused on continuous improvement and professional growth
- Diploma/Certificate or University Degree in a related field
- Audio, Art, Programming or Game Design skills/experience (Hobby/Professional)
- Previous software testing experience
All short-listed candidates will be required to pass a testing assessment designed by our QA team
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/
Community / Marketing Title: QA Tester
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-18 20:35:02.033
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA