Requisition Number: 150713
Position Title: Contingent
Technical Artist - 7 months contract
We are Criterion. We love games.
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of talented people who craft games with joy, passion, and commitment to quality.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Technical Artist provides the link between art and programming, with responsibility for the technical delivery of art across a distributed production environment.
What Technical Artist does at Criterion:
Working alongside Senior TAs and Technical Art Director, you will help design, create and maintain the art workflow/pipeline, writing & documenting tools to solve team needs, both internally and supporting the outsource team. The successful candidate will need to have good artistic skills together with understanding of art workflows and scripting/programming.
A Technical Artist also needs:
- Genuine passion for art and motivation to help artists to focus on creating art instead of fighting technical problems
- Ability to work within a team of experienced technical artists. Great communication skills, a drive to improve everything and a motivation to make a difference
- Must be a great multi-tasker and able to track progress and solve problems
- Proactive and dynamic troubleshooter who works well under pressure
- Good knowledge of 3D (Maya/MEL/Python/SDK) & 2D Packages (Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer)
- 3D Engine experience – Unreal, Unity or similar.
- Practical knowledge of performance optimization in games.
- Experience with writing batch scripts to automate processes (Python, Java Script, MEL)
- Knowledge of Modelling/Texturing/UVs
- Excellent Python and MEL scripting skills
- Maya API experience is a bonus
Additional skills (one or more of the listed ones would be a big plus)
- Knowledge of rigging tools and techniques
- Knowledge of shader authoring techniques
- Experience with procedural content creation (Houdini)
- Knowledge of Visual Studio C#/C++ is a bonus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive rates and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We thought you might also want to know:
More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-05 08:29:07.507
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB