BioWare: Senior Development Director
Requisition Number: 150519
Position Title: Sr DD
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a talented person who is passionate about gaming to provide team leadership within our BioWare Edmonton studio
- Responsible for the operational aspects of the game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, resource management and budget.
- Responsible for building and managing a empowered development team; supporting onboarding, retention, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Work with the project leadership to define the execution strategy and key deliverables against milestones.
- Utilize best practices in organizational structure and processes that support delivery of high quality work on time and on budget.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on priorities: help the team break down and solve complex problems.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members and key stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing large complex technology projects involving cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- This role requires highly developed relationship building skills and the ability to establish credibility and influence within BioWare and centralized EA groups.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of game operations acquired from a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Experience with Agile project management principles and practices is an asset.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-31 18:07:33.467
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA