BioWare: UX Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 150481
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is seeking a UX Programmer to join our team.
UX Programmers work closely with UI Artists/Designers and the rest of the programming team to develop user interfaces for our games. They help design and implement menus and in-game HUD, both on consoles and on the PC. Their goal is to help make the game interface intuitive and attractive while making sure it has as little impact as possible on game performance.
What the next great UX Programmer will do:
- Partner with the UI Artist/Designer to bring the vision to life
- Design, author, maintain and document UI systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements
- Troubleshoot any UI issues.
- Profile and optimize UI performances
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies;
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design, sound) in implementing the UI
- Identify technical and environmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Work alongside QA and the UI Artist/Designer to react to feedback from focus groups and usability studies
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and C#
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience developing complex UI systems for a published game.
- Experience with the release process including working on systems related to localization, certification and asset management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Published games should reflect hands-on experience on XBOX One, PS4 or PC
- Experience with Rendering concepts, Linear Algebra and Graphics Shader Programming
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: UX Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-05 14:39:07.717
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US