Requisition Number: 150341
Position Title: DM
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager to join our Anthem team.
What the Development Manager will do at BioWare:
You’ll work closely with our writing team and other cross-disciplinary teams to plan and execute on the exceptional story behind Anthem, BioWare’s highly anticipated new IP. You must be detail oriented and able to multitask efficiently, and able to collaborate with a wide variety of people and teams.
- Leads and coordinates a team of writers, game designers, engineers, artists and testers.
- Manages plans, dependencies, inefficiencies and risks to make sure the team stays on track and on budget
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Partners with production and discipline leads to manage change requests, scope, and quality
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to team members and less experienced development managers.
- Finds creative solutions to issues through teamwork, leadership, and diplomacy
- 5+ years’ experience in project management and/or team management
- Expert knowledge of the use of project management tools; knowledge of JIRA is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a creative environment; gaming industry experience ideal
- University degree (Bachelors) or equivalent in related field
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban methodologies.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA