Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 150244
Position Title: DM
Join BioWare as our next Development Manager - Create Your Career With Us!
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Manager will do at BioWare:
As a Development Manager, you’ll run planning and execution on a cross-functional development team with multiple external partners to build and ship updates for an ongoing live service. This is a leadership role that involves daily interaction with team members, centralized EA departments, the project licensor, and project leadership. Working closely with the Lead Development Director, you’ll guide the team to meet milestones and quality targets through all phases of development. Every day will look a little different but will include coordinating development efforts across the company, obtaining licensor approvals, and seeking out process gaps and enhancements that improve the way we work.
- Develops project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and licensor constraints.
- Supports Scrum teams in meeting their sprint goals and ensures that tasks are properly tracked, tagged, and estimated.
- With the Lead Development Director, continually balances trade-offs between scope, resources, and time to mitigate project risk and deliver updates that meet the quality expectations of a BioWare game.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with key external partners (e.g. licensor, certain EA centralized groups) and guides the work required from them to publish each update.
- Keeps the development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
- Documents, communicates, and administers project processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Forms close working relationships with discipline leads and individual contributors.
- Establishes trust and credibility with project and studio leadership.
- Stays current with industry project management standards. Shares knowledge and identifies opportunities for improvement within the project and studio.
- 4+ years of software project management experience, with 3+ years in leadership role.
- Thorough foundation in project management methodologies and process frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and demonstrates this in every interaction.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and rally multiple teams to achieve a common goal.
- Highly motivated and proactively resolves problems with minimal oversight. Seeks guidance when appropriate.
- Experience with industry project management tools (e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Confluence, Office suite).
- Excellent analytical skills. Comfortable modeling and analyzing data.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Full-cycle game development experience, especially on a live service title.
- Experience using game engine tools and version control software.
- Experience using a scripting language to speed up or automate tasks.
- Project management certifications.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-03 22:24:56.233
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US