BioWare: Technical Artist (Performance) Contract
Requisition Number: 150013
Position Title: Associate Technical Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Technical Artist (Streaming & Performance)
What the Technical Artist will do at BioWare:
- 2+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired). Experience in scripting and programming a bonus.
- Foundational understanding of 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, and lighting.
- Familiarity with game engine workflows, asset requirements, performance budgets and profiling, and build systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Candidate must able to quickly identify and resolve art issues and demonstrate versatility.
- Work alongside peers on Tech Art team and with Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision, reach consensus, provide/receive feedback, innovate, and cultivate ideas, with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move BioWare into the future.
- Collaborate and communicate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand requirements and offer support (via time, training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
- Utilize Frostbite’s in-engine streaming system to optimize performance of game content.
- Meticulously iterate on game content to improve streaming and reduce memory usage, with a commitment to excellence in performance.
- Approach tasks in a timely and organized manner, self-prioritizing as required and communicating status and results to stakeholders as appropriate.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Shanda Wood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Technical Artist (Performance) Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-25 14:50:44.357
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US