Senior Creative Director
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 118416
Position Title: Executive Producer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Set and expand the overall Creative Vision for BioWare games, providing the blueprint for the overall game experience and directing our functional creative teams (writing, ux, systems, gameplay, art, audio) to bring the game vision to life.
As a core member of the project Leadership Team you will also play an integral role in building BioWare’s culture and upholding our values and direction.
- Create innovative and engaging game design, visual and audio frameworks and prototypes while maintaining impeccable quality
- Recruit, hire, motivate, mentor and manage world class creative talent to BioWare
- Define and direct the quality and style of the gameplay required for BioWare’s Live Service games
- Inspire and motivate the game team through progressive creative design, leadership and change management
- Provide effective and constructive feedback to the creative staff, and other professionals on the team with suggestions and solutions for improvement
- Communicate the game design goals and vision clearly and concisely with the team and throughout worldwide studio.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, trending audio visual excellence
- Work collaboratively with a group of Core Leads to deliver best in class product
- 10+ year’s industry experience including leadership experience overseeing new IP
- Game or Creative design credits on at least three published AAA brands or titles.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language.
- Clearly understand creative processes; how to communicate product vision and how to align creative vision with an intended market
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of video game design processes and project management practices
- A deep understanding of market trends and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories and demographics
- We’re looking for well-rounded innovators who thrive in the dynamic environment that new game creation demands.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Shannon Schlothauer - email@example.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-03-13 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US