Environment Artist - Contract
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156660
Position Title: Contingent
Environment Artist (Contract)
Environment Artists add the lighting to games and create an atmosphere as well as add realism, tone, and depth to a scene. Will also use lights and shaders to describe the various surface appearances of different materials; such as human skin, hair, fabric, and concrete. Through the use of their craft, will create visually balancing individual elements that enable game artists to produce a convincing character or environment. They need to use technical skills as well as their aesthetic judgment to create images that not only look good but are easy to render.
Environment Artists make sure there is consistency in lighting, color balance, and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene in the game. When appropriate, they ensure the CG looks photorealistic. Emphasize drama or narrative, and also establish and clarify location, weather, time of day, etc. Will be expected to respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project. They must be able to refer to the relevant production designs and apply that visual style as faithfully as possible, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and technical artists to understand and interpret design requirements with the engine’s technical limitations
- Support the Art Director and Environment Lead in the overall vision for the game while taking ownership of environments and props as assigned.
- Model, texture, light, prepare, place, and edit in-game environments to include basketball arenas, lighting, and props
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Keep the artistic style consistent with defined visuals
- An avid gamer is a plus.
- Background in Art preferred with a good sense of mood, color, and spatial balance
- Strong communication skills are required as well the ability to implement creative direction using the most efficient method
- Maya experience is required
- Shader tuning experience is required
- Mel scripting proficiency is a plus
- Understanding game production workflow and systems preferred
Two or more years of production experience (either game or film)
Community / Marketing Title: Environment Artist - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 18:02:28.207
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.