Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 156515
Position Title: Contingent
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Starfighter Assault on Battlefront ll and now Battlefield V: Firestorm, Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audio-visual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline teams to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or videogames, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
The Challenge Ahead
Studio Coordinators play an important and valued role at EA. There are a variety of production support roles across EA, and each comes with its own set of requirements, expectations, and responsibilities. Key is that the Studio Coordinator is passionate about what they do and their enthusiasm always shines through in their work. EA Studio Coordinators are public facing and are expected to have first class communication skills.
What a Studio Coordinator does at Criterion
As Studio Coordinator for Criterion Games you will have responsibility for the day to day support of the studio. Supporting senior production staff and creative development teams your duties will include:
- General day to day team support and office upkeep including IT and office management, catering needs, office moves etc.
- Managing Office Assistant and understanding her role.
- Booking team travel and accommodation as required
- Coordinating the new starter process and ensure smooth onboarding.
- Coordinating studio visits.
- Working with manager on consistently improving office space, working environment and employee experience.
- Responsible for tracking the office budget.
- Booking team events and outings
- POC with all departments (Facilities, IT and Admins)
- Covering for other team administrators
The next great Criterion Studio Coordinator also needs
Extensive experience of a similar production support role within a dynamic and creative environment. Prior experience of games studio production/development is desirable but not necessary.
Strong written & verbal Communication Skills
- An open, honest & proactive approach to communication
- Ability to communicate to people at all levels, both internally & externally
- Strong Listening Skills
Extensive Planning & Organisational Skills
- Sets clear priorities to optimally complete work tasks, allocating resources efficiently
- Able to work to designated deadlines & communicates progress when necessary
- A motivated self-starter with a desire to contribute & shape the business
- Takes a team rather than an individual approach to their work
- Participative in team discussion; assists others where help is required
- Stays committed to the team & business ethic; maintains a positive outlook in everything they do
Strong IT skills
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Experience using purchase order, expense and ordering systems
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Studio Coordinator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-11 10:49:04.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.