Sr. Cloud Engineer
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156502
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from alien invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - it’s the coolest job on the planet!
The Opportunity Ahead:
EA IT’s Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA’s sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged IT Solutions that enable EA to build the world’s best Games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA’s game titles. EA’s business strategy leverages a highly distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique and exciting Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have highly performing, secure game dev technology tools and services which meet these business needs and requirements both today and in the future.
Senior Cloud Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Senior Cloud Engineer will play a key role by leading efforts to develop the next generation of EA cloud services. The ideal candidate is experienced in developing automated build & deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs, containers. This is a hands-on coding, troubleshooting and leadership position. The ideal candidate will be involved in delivering best-in-class tools, technologies and IT services that directly support and contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams across EA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Architect and deliver IaaS and PaaS offerings to EA Enterprise and Game Development using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
- Work with teams across EA to improve and deliver IT Cloud reference models and operational solutions for CI/CD pipelining for container/VM deployment on hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, Serverless
- Contribute to application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management
- Create test-suites, successful operation checklists to validate core functionalities and successful operation of IT cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Design and deliver tenant management models for different deployment models in IT Cloud reference architectures while guaranteeing network, namespace, service account isolation between different tenants
Summary of Experience
- Significant experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, Integration Engineering
- Experience with a high-level programming language like Java/C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
- Experience building, configuring, administering container technologies, Docker, rkt
- Working knowledge of container management technologies such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: AWS, GCP/GCE, Azure, and cloud operational management
- Experience with orchestration template technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, HashiCorp Terraform
- Experience developing and/or deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience with monitoring/alerting tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig, Cloudwatch metrics & logs
- Strong Linux experience, Linux networking, networking protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, VLAN/VXLAN
- Strong knowledge of and experience with network security, Internet security concepts, firewall technology, ACLs, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution-oriented individual
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Not only that, we’re confident we’ll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in our industry by offering hands on experience using and building with cutting-edge technologies such as VMware, Docker, Container, Mesos and more.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Cloud Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 15:06:49.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.