Software Engineer II
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156278
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Graphics Software Engineer does at EA:
The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop, design, modify and optimize graphics and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of the game engine
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
What does EA look for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development, and game engine architecture
- Strong experience with multithreading and Object-Oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc is a plus
- Experience working with data-driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is a plus
- Experience with Perforce is a plus
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system) is desired.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes extraordinary people to make extraordinary games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-21 19:46:03.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.