Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156231
Position Title: Systems Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Technical Operations team is absolutely critical to the success of EA. To build world class games, it is vital to ensure that EA’s technology is not only stable but is on the cutting edge.
What a Senior Storage Engineer does at EA:
Sr. Storage Engineer’s primary focus is to evaluate, design, implement, support, and optimize all aspects of storage infrastructure. Sr. Engineer will be part of Technical Operations organization which is responsible for architecting and supporting IT solutions that enable EA’s online games and game content.
The Sr. Storage Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the storage and backup architecture, storage infrastructure management and advanced technical support. He / She also provides technical expertise required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA’s business needs.
- The Sr. Storage Engineer is responsible for the installation, administration, data-migration, provisioning, and decommissioning of large multi-site NetApp SAN/NAS environment.
- Responsible for storage provisioning tasks beginning with end user requests, through the creation of volumes, mapping and ensuring storage availability at the operating system.
- Responsible for storage performance analysis and troubleshooting as well as storage capacity management and planning.
- Plans and implements the design and installation of subsystems, software, and/or hardware.
- Work closely with Project management, application development and other infrastructure teams like Network, Security and database teams to develop scalable, maintainable and highly available storage architecture.
- Work with Game Development team to provide stable and cost effective storage solutions.
- Work closely with virtualization team to recommend and implement best practices around storage deployments.
- Research, evaluate and implement upcoming storage technologies that will increase the efficiency while reducing the operational costs.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection.
- Create Perl and Bash scripts to automate various storage administration tasks.
- Architect and Manage enterprise backup environment across data centers.
- Contribute to and as necessary lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex problems as needed to ensure timely restoration or quality of service.
- Provide expert troubleshooting skills and guidance to Linux/UNIX/Windows administrators when it comes to configuring and maintaining client side SAN and NAS configurations.
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes
- Ability to lead and mentor junior storage administrators, attend meetings and evaluate projects for level of engagement required, and coordinate implementation activities across multiple teams.
- Will be required to participate in rotating 24x7 on call duties as well as off-hour planned activities.
The next great EA Senior Storage Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Systems/Storage Engineer experience working with mission critical large enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of NetApp Data ONTAP (Cluster mode & 7-Mode) and other components like SnapRestore, SnapMirror, SnapVault, FlexClone, WFA, and OnCommand unified manager.
- In-depth knowledge of NetApp monitoring and performance tuning utilities including native tools and Operations Manager (formerly Data Fabric Manager).
- Experience in implementing NFS, SAN, iSCSI, and CIFS storage solutions and clear understanding of each protocol’s limitations and best practices.
- Scripting experience to automate storage administration tasks, Perl experience a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues quickly and efficiently, including identification of bottlenecks, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience managing storage in a virtualized environment such as VMWare vSphere or similar hypervisor.
- Experience with Flash Storage arrays and other enterprise storage technologies.
- Ability to understand and work with other technology owners like Network, systems, DB and Cloud.
- Experience with Object Storage Implementation and management.
- Expertise in installing and managing CISCO and Brocade SAN switches.
- Good understanding of Oracle and MySQL DB technologies and its integration with Storage.
- Basic Knowledge of Server Hardware from DELL/HP/IBM.
- Expert knowledge of Linux (Redhat Enterprise Linux, Cent OS) – Redhat Certification is a plus.
- Excellent TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS and networking knowledge and experience.
- Deployment experience with 10Gb Ethernet from Storage and Server perspective.
- Knowledge of SAN components like HBA, Zoning and multipathing capabilities.
- Knowledge of Symantec NetBackup and other Data Protection solutions.
- Possess a strong understanding of IT Service Management processes, ITIL certification a plus.
- Stays current with the latest server infrastructure and storage technologies.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement workflow and process improvements.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Self-starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work.
- Strong multi-tasking skills focused on providing service delivery for multiple teams.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Storage Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-24 23:25:46.01
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.