Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154937
Position Title: UX Designer I
EA is looking for an intermediate User Experience designer with a strong skill set in visual and motion graphic design to craft amazing user experiences. Our team of tight-knit creatives collaborate with industry experts, and world-class technologists, to re-imagine how people develop and manage technology services in games. This is an incredible opportunity to enrich the lives of EA's developers, producers, and operations engineers in meaningful ways.
As a UX designer, you would be working closely with other designers, writers, engineers, scientists, researchers, and business stakeholders to concept, prototype, and design a rich product experience that makes our partners smile. You are expected to craft highly usable, functional, accessible, and iconic UX that is engaging but effortless.
As EA moves towards a player network strategy to make game-play smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging due to complexity and scale. The focus of this role is to deliver products for game teams that help enable frictionless game development through central platform technology. It will require both the ability to understand and address current customer pain points. We also expect this role to come up with novel solutions to solve problems that will arise in the future. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create, manage, and monitor the entire suite of EADP services and infrastructure from any web-enabled device, anywhere in the world. Our product is the face of the EA Digital Platform, allowing game developers to visually interact with their apps, services, and infrastructure. If you’re passionate about working as a UX designer to craft user experiences that are engaging, delightful, and easy to use to aid building and operating scalable services & tools then this is the team for you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years experience in UI and UX design including hands-on expertise in user research, usability, and accessibility for large scale enterprise products
- Strong visual design sense with a stunning portfolio demonstrating experience delivering innovative, elegant enterprise scale products from concept to distribution
- Creative and strategic thinker who is able to consider user needs holistically across a broad spectrum of services along with a high degree of pragmatism, diligence, and attention to detail
- Experience across all phases of product development from ideation, user research, mockups, prototyping, wireframing, design iteration, writing interaction design requirement specs, journey mapping, and high-fidelity asset deliverables
- Fluency in product design and motion graphics tools - Sketch, Adobe CC, Principle, Invision, Framer, design frameworks, typography etc.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate proactively with a high level of autonomy and minimal management oversight
- Enthusiasm for sharing design knowledge and learning new techniques
- Expertise in Information Architecture including taxonomies
- Experience in copy creation or editing
- Experience in product or program management
- Passionate about playing games
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-13 18:29:38.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US