Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 154930
Position Title: DD I
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Studio DD
Location: Shanghai, China
# of openings: 1
The PopCap Shanghai Studio is a part of the EA Asia family of development studios and we are dedicated to building top class Free-to-Play (F2P) mobile games. We stand at EA’s forefront in bringing world famous titles such as Plants vs Zombies, Need for Speed, and other titles to the China and Asia mobile market. Our studio is focused on leveraging EA’s World Class IPs and adapting them to game designs, arts, and systems that makes sense for our market.
We are a studio who thrives for perfection and are eager to build something that we can be proud of. Having creative control over our own products, we control our own destiny. Key decisions are made at a local level so that we can be agile and adaptive. We are international but local and our working culture is a spectrum of rich colors. Our mission is clear – we are here to build the best F2P mobile games possible and China/Asia is our proving grounds.
If you are passionate about mobile games and believe quality is key, then you are exactly who we need.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing the project development structure and proactively lead the project team to proceed and improve the process;
- Collaborates with game leadership team to setup the project goals and roadmap including scope definition, quality targets and timeframe;
- Ensures planned capacity will deliver project on time, quality and budget;
- Implement and monitor the cycle of each development process and support team as needed;
- Identify, track and mitigate risks during the whole project cycle;
- Responsibility for establishing an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates and dependencies;
- Communicating to project stakeholders including oversea partners on status update, resources, schedule, dependencies, risks and processes;
- Problem solving over multiple teams across studios;
- Creates/adapts communication style and recognition systems to fit team.
- Ensures adequate equipment, tools and support are provided for team members;
- Enhances personal understanding of the production process and actively offers input;
- Provides input for project planning (i.e. resource planning, cost estimates etc.); can facilitate
- Manage and develop a team of Development Directors/Managers, work with DDs to ensure that they are tracking to key milestones and are following project best practices.
- Work directly with game development team to lock down project engagements, pursue mutual expectation setting and process best practices.
- Develop clear team and individual objectives with direct reports and leaders.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years Project Management experience; 3 years of leadership experience (line management);
- Experiences on managing projects in SCRUM;
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills;
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization;
- Educational background: Bachelors. The ideal candidate should include a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- PMP Certification is a plus;
- Excellent communication skill in both Chinese & English
Please send your resume to：Chinajobs@ea.com via Word format.
For your portfolios, please compress it as .zip
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-15 02:22:01.417
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN