Quality Analyst II (temp/contract) - Madden Ultimate team
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 154910
Position Title: Contingent
QA Analyst II (12 month contract)
*Please note that this is not a permanent position
The QA Analyst is a technical test expert that applies white box, grey box and black box testing techniques to define a testing approach that will help prevent and/or identify, isolate and report issues as early as possible. This requires an analytical approach that seeks to understand system designs, defining and executing an effective test strategy that both ensure functionality and challenges the system. As a QA Analyst, you look at a game as not only a player experience but as complex interactions between Software & Hardware (ex: I/O systems, wireless communications, client/server architecture, external services, and databases).
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs.
- Working embedded with development teams to ensure quality of code deliverables within the Agile Development process
- Develops in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
- Develop, maintain and execute a test strategy, checklists, and tests for their areas of ownership
- Driving a ‘test early’ methodology within the Development team
- Provide Development Support as needed – Private Build Testing, System and Risk Analysis, Investigation and Isolation and Regressions
- Create, maintain and verify TFCs (Tests for Completion) for their ownerships
- Develop strong partnerships with Development Teams and QA Partners
- Develop expertise with in-house and 3rd party test tools (i.e. code coverage & load testing tools)
- Develop automated test scripts to improve testing effectiveness and efficiency for their areas of ownership
- Help improve Test and Development Processes (ex: championing a workgroup or test tool)
- Helps coach and mentor team members
- Quality Bugs – Well isolated, clear and concise bugs
- Test Strategies/Plans and Checklists for areas of ownership that ensure high level of software quality through preventions and early detection
- Status Reporting for their areas of ownership (Risk Analysis, RCA/CAPA, Defect Density, Performance)
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Tools
- Strong understanding of Software Development Tools
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Fundamental Programming Knowledge (Asset)
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, XP etc…) Development Processes (Asset)
- Passion for Games (Preferably mobile/social) (Asset)
- Experience with Mobile Games or Products (Asset)
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst II (temp/contract) - Madden Ultimate team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-12 18:01:39.823
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US