Senior Oracle Database Engineer (3-Month Contract)
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154883
Position Title: Contingent
The Senior Oracle Database Engineer will provide the technical domain and leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely solutions and services that meet EA’s business needs with a focus on the Online IT line of business. The Sr. Oracle DBA’s primary focus is to research, evaluate, plan design, allocate, implement, support and optimize all aspects of EA’s Oracle databases in a high volume transactional environment with critical uptime requirements. This position requires excellent Oracle knowledge with expertise in Performance tuning, trouble shooting, database backup and recovery and zero downtime solutions.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build the premier online architecture for EA games. We want creative, committed and communicative people who want to be part of developing and supporting the best platform for some of the industry’s most talented game teams. We encourage our employees to be involved and have a strong go-ahead spirit. In return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, true influence and a flat hierarchy.
- Installation, configuration and upgrades of Oracle Database software 11g/12c including Real Application Cluster (RAC) and related products
- Setup, maintenance and monitoring of DR environments utilizing standby databases (logical/physical)
- Implement and maintain a secured Oracle database environment following established standards and recommendations from security advisors.
- Complete accountability and responsibility to provide Level 3 (advanced) technical expertise for resolution of outages, service level issues, and user/customer support needs in coordination with other support teams.
- Ensure quality and consistency of design, development (if applicable), testing, and integration testing cycles and deliverables, adhering to Architecture, PMO, and compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other engineers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation.
- Drives continuous improvement of design and delivery standards. And ensures that all processes and procedures are fully documented, kept up to date and properly socialized.
- On-call rotation is required to support a 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support a global delivery.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and maintaining Oracle instances in a high volume transactional environment with critical uptime requirements for a business providing 24/7 SaaS or e-commerce or web-based solutions.
- Must have configured and managed online backup technologies in Oracle and ensured disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation) existed and were followed.
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Must be able to conduct systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cost efficiently in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment, with a proven project leadership skills with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize tasks.
- Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
We prefer applicants with:
- Good knowledge of other RDBMS technologies like MySQL and/or any NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, Mongo.
- Good exposure to Centos and Redhat Linux. Good understanding of various recovery scenarios, refresh techniques as well as shell scripting abilities is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage and mentor engineers both on and off-shore.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Oracle Database Engineer (3-Month Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-08 16:57:32.633
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US