Technical Product Owner
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154871
Position Title: Sr. Technical Product Manager 1
Technical Product Owner - Core Technology
EAX is a high performing team within EA that manages several digital distribution and subscription products including Origin and EA Access. Access allows users to purchase subscriptions and games on PC and console platforms. Users can stay connected to everything Access, take their pick of all the great games in ‘The Vault’ and play as much as they want for a low monthly, and even lower annual, subscription fee. In addition, they can put upcoming EA games to the test before the release date with exclusive Play First Trials.
Origin client and subscription service: www.origin.com
EA Access Xbox hub and subscription service: www.ea.com/eaaccess
EAX is looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) for its shared technology group. These scrum teams build shared components and services that enable efficient delivery of a consistent experience across multiple platforms. The TPO will manage the backlog for one or more scrum teams, clearing the path for efficient delivery by ensuring clear user stories and priority. They will gather this information from the group Technical Product Manager, input from the users of their technology, and their cross-functional scrum team.
The role consists of:
- Driving breakdown of Epics/large Stories down into sprint-sized stories
- Backlog planning, iteration planning, and refinement of User Stories
- Ensuring that User Stories are ready for the team to deliver and reviewing them for acceptance
- Communicating with technology adopters to ensure fitness to purpose of the delivered product
- Working with Product Management to maintain a big picture backlog and roadmap
- Partnering with QA to drive quality in delivery
- Participating in the development of implementation strategies and plans
- 2+ years as a Product Owner or Product Manager driving web solutions using an agile methodology
- Completion of an undergraduate degree that ties to the role, preferably Computer Science
- Attention to detail and a focus on clear and simple communication of key requirements through user stories
- Strong team focus with a genuine interest in working collaboratively with others, mentoring peers and being open to giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- An inherently collaborative mindset
- A background as a software developer
- Experience with telemetry systems, data marts, and data analysis
- Experience working in a geographically distributed organization
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Product Owner
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-12 02:09:12.95
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA