Concept Artist (Contract)
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 154861
Position Title: Contingent
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®hockey, NBA LIVE basketball and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead
As a Concept Artist, you will work closely with the Visual Development Director, Art Directors and other Team Leads in creating characters, objects, logo design and environment art from quick roughs through color comps toward a final. The Concept Artist will be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of the projects. Looking for a team player with strong problem-solving skills and integrity to think outside of the box.
- Responsible for creating highly-stylized paintings and illustrations.
- Creates a wide variety of concepts including characters, creatures, props, vehicles, architecture, and environments.
- Designs original concepts while following specific style guides.
- Partners with concept team to create balanced solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues.
- Translates visual development and ideation into polished production ready creations.
- Maintains a standard of art by providing a wide variety of different and viable solutions.
- Provide research and conceptual development ideas independently.
- Creates color moods that capture the feel of the environments.
What Skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art from a competitive program preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in game development or art related field.
- Solid familiarity with Photoshop.
- Strong painting skills in traditional and/or digital illustrations and use of color.
- Versatility to work everything from environments to characters, and in any genre.
- Demonstration of a concept’s evolution from rough ideation to a final tight drawing or “blueprint”.
- Strong ability to create a large volume of quality concept art within tight deadlines throughout the project’s development cycle.
- Must be able to work within an established art style.
- Traditionally skilled artist with an exceptional understanding of the human anatomy as well as architectural and environmental design.
- Strong understanding of lighting, composition, color theory, atmosphere, materials and textures.
- Possess excellent senses of human proportion, costuming, color composition and be able to render both stylized characters and imaginative fantasy or realistic environments.
- Solid understanding of game creation processes & dependencies.
- Excellent rendering skills: The ability to provide color keys, mood paintings and style sheets from rough to fully realized paintings.
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment sharing concepts and ideas.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
Please include samples from at least three of the following categories:
- Environment – Architecture integrated with terrain
- Interior architecture
- Character/Costume design
- Creature design
- Vehicles and technology
- Props, items, objects
Please include the following elements in your portfolio:
- Show at least two examples of a concept’s evolution from rough ideation to final tight drawing or “blueprint”.
- Include samples of color work.
- Include life drawing sketches.
Community / Marketing Title: Concept Artist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-07 18:21:53.25
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US