Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 154855
Position Title: UX Designer II
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
As part the Tiburon Mobile team, this role will be vital in defining the Experience Design vision of our mobile games/products while working in close collaborations with UX researchers, art directors, game designers/producers, fellow UX designers, UI designers, UI engineers, and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct UXD evaluations focused on optimizing usability and player engagement for mobile and console games
- Develop UX design strategies to align with specific game product pillars
- Define problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in player data
- Partner with senior stakeholders to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges.
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and experience mapping
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment requiring independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Mentor junior UX designers, game designers and stakeholders on user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience.
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert knowledge of interaction design
- Ability to create low to high fidelity prototypes
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to effectively translate player data into design solutions and quickly iterate on them
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Proto io etc...)
- Efficient and effective at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Ability to work and teach across multiple cross-functional product teams, moving effortlessly between the smallest details and highest level strategy.
- Passion for games
- Experience in game development
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-11 13:37:55.95
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US