Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154791
Position Title: Audio Artist II
The Audioworks team
Audioworks is an award winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio speech development within the EA Sports Audioworks team. The successful candidate must be able to own audio specific project(s), with the goal of creating a quality audio experience. This individual should have some post production experience as well as experience in all phases of speech or VO production.
Audio Artists focused on Speech, will contribute to building commentary and VO systems and engage in problem-solving throughout all stages of production. Working with the Audioworks team, this individual should possess skills in the recording and editing of quality VO content as well as advanced asset management. Programmatic scripting skills are a must as is the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines while owning the quality of your work. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for game audio design and an exemplary aptitude for problem-solving. Specific tasks include:
- Submitting finalized audio assets via Perforce (P4V) on or before required deadlines.
- Editing and organizing in-game VO assets per naming convention protocols.
- Recording VO assets as needed
- Participates in project problem solving with the audio team
- Receive and execute on Audio Director’s vision, while taking pride in your work
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ studio engineering/recording experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years game audio experience
- VO recording in a professional environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel, MS Access/SQL preferred
- Expert in at least one DAW (Pro Tools or Reaper preferred)Solid experience using audio development tools, technology, and pipelines. (e.g. Wwise/Fmod/Unreal/Unity)
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and grow as an audio professional
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-28 03:41:50.097
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA