Director, Asia Controller
Location: Singapore, SG
Requisition Number: 154233
Position Title: Director, Accounting
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Command & Conquer, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded more than 35 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Finance plays a pivotal role in monitoring the company’s financial performance and ensuring all systems are in place to track current activity and forecast forward. Our mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, excellence, leadership and value added business partnerships. There are a number of Finance roles within EA, including Accountants, Business Analysts, Financial Analysts, Finance Managers, Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, Credit Managers, and Chief Financial Officer. In Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, we manage multiple business models across Development and Publishing, in the following locations: Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo, Hyderabad, Sydney, Melbourne and Singapore.
This position will only be limited by a Candidates desires. The leader of the Financial Controlling team in Asia is seen as a key business partner to the Regional Development, Sales and Marketing, Legal, HR and Finance teams. This position will have overall responsibility in the Asian territory for: contract review, accounting in local and US GAAP, consolidation, monthly reporting, compliance monitoring and all relevant support for audited financial statements, tax and internal audit compliance. Candidates will be expected to work within a truly global team through interaction with multi-functional professionals in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish yourself as a key advisor to business partners on financial matters. Become a sought out, value added resource
- Lead and develop the team in Asia on their controllership skills and mindset
- Build strong partnerships with business leads, US Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Online Revenue, Royalties, etc to drive timely and accurate decisions while building institutional knowledge to build trust and ensure queries are answered on a timely basis as well as adhoc queries from business partners, senior management, and the corporate team
- Own the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and close process across all Asia entities, including quality and timely submission of financial statements to local authorities
- Monitor compliance for Asia to ensure that all statutory returns, tax returns and Global Audit comments are addressed on a timely basis
- Ensure the Asian Consolidation has suitable levels of support and resources to comply with the US Corporate timetables and produce reporting and reviews while ensuring they are completed successfully with US Corporate on a monthly basis
- Often provide frontline contract review and documentation. Primary focus on revenue recognition
- Establish and track key metrics in an effort to drive the evolution of the Asia finance team as a business partner and to drive efficiency
- Implementation of best practices and ensuring compliance with local and US GAAP, global policies, and procedures
- Detailed involvement in the implementation and monitoring of any Global Audit requirements relevant to the functional or geographic areas of responsibility
- Manage direct staff of four and total team of 14
- Lead and/or participate in projects as assigned
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Fluent in English essential, other languages a plus
- Qualified accountant (CPA or CA) with 10+ years of experience with proven track record of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and operations of multi-national company. IFRS a plus
- Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Views challenges as opportunities and is comfortable with initiating and driving change and the ability to translate business issues into system solutions;
- A team player, able to work collaboratively within the group and cross functionally spanning business units/functions; and as an effective independent member
- Strong business acumen with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities; comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities
- Tenacity and attention to detail and process are considered valuable attributes;
- Highly motivated, passionate, self-starter; comfortable interacting with Sr. Management
- Proven managerial experience – hiring, managing, and developing staff
- ERP experience including the underlying process – Oracle preferred. Experience within a Shared Service environment a plus
- Knowledge of Excel and Excel based reporting tools (Essbase; Smartview)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some international travel required
- Position reports to the VP Finance Asia based in Singapore
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Asia Controller
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-10 02:53:28.003
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, SG