Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154232
Position Title: Community Engagement Strategist/Specialist II
The Community Specialist is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects our global game teams and services with our player communities. A successful candidate for this role will be able to leverage game expertise and influencer partnerships to drive player relationships, engagement, and live service retention. This important role will partner closely with studio and other cross-functional teams around the world to insure a consistent, high quality user experience inside and outside of our games. This role will also recruit, manage, and maintain our close relationships with Game Changers and other Influencers around the world.
The Community Specialist has the following primary responsibilities:
- This position will primarily focus on both Plants vs Zombies and Star Wars franchises.
- Develop a global community and influencer plan for the franchise, work with CFX team for campaign activations.
- Integrate closely with Studio and Development teams throughout the game’s life cycles.
- Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, studios, and stakeholders.
- Build close relationships between EA and top influencers, elite fans, and users.
- Utilize the game’s brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across core community channels.
- Partner with consumer insights and user experience teams to gather and implement franchise feedback for the studio.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Coordinate and share with other EA Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
- Regularly deliver Community reports on channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in-game and out of game.
- Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on forums moderation and overall player experience.
- Manage communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages, Support Issues.
- Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
- Maintain a positive community reputation.
- Passion and deep experience with Star Wars, playing action, shooter, and online PC games.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills (samples required)
- Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively
- An aggressive, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven
- Has strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or Marketing a plus.
- Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Community Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-07 23:39:10.05
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA