BioWare: Development Director
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154201
Position Title: DD I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are looking for a talented person who is passionate about gaming to work on Anthem within our BioWare Austin studio
Core responsibilities include
- Responsible for the full operational aspects of the game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, resource management and budget.
- Responsible for building and leading a strong production team; oversee recruiting, onboarding, retention, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Work with the project leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
- Experience leading a large project with Agile project management principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- This role requires highly developed relationship building skills and the ability to establish credibility and influence within BioWare and centralized EA groups.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of game operations acquired from a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-04 00:55:09.287
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US