Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154186
Position Title: Contingent
Please note this is a 6-month contract position.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Controlling team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for local legal entities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Sweden and Finland. Key business partners to the group include FP&A teams, Finance shared services and non-Finance business partners involved in the sale and distribution of packaged goods, studio development, and corporate activities.
The key objective of the group is to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, as required by local GAAP or SEC compliance (US GAAP).
The successful candidate will play a supervisory and technical role with respect to general ledger management, financial close and reporting for entities based in the UK, Germany, Sweden, and Finland.
The position reports to the regional Director of Financial Control based in Guildford, UK.
As an Accounting Manager, you will have a broad range of responsibilities directly and indirectly related to the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
What an Accounting Manager does at EA:
- Ownership and management of balance sheet accounts, including journal entries, reconciliations and ad-hoc analyses of transactional activity over multiple legal entities. This may include supervision and review of the following type of activity:
- Journal entry preparation
- Opening and closing of financial periods in Oracle
- Month-end close reporting using Oracle, Hyperion, and Excel
- Month-end reconciliations using Cadency
- Monthly cost review meetings with FP&A and non-finance budget holders
- Monthly revenue review procedures
- VAT return submissions and other local compliance document filings
- Technical Accounting responsibilities may include:
- Evaluating emerging technical accounting issues, documenting local statutory and US GAAP accounting positions and providing training to non-management accounting staff
- Reviewing and resolving issues of an accounting, policy and regulatory nature that arise on an ad-hoc basis and providing timely guidance to finance and non-finance partners
- Reviewing accounting assessments and leading discussions regarding the local implementation of corporate accounting policy
- Preparation and/or review of transfer pricing adjustments
- Preparation and/or review of corporate tax provisions
- Preparation and/or review of statutory financial statements
- Processing and systems management responsibilities may include:
- Leading design and documentation of complex end-to-end processes related to accounting, as well as internal and external financial reporting
- Design and implementation of continuous improvements or standardization for a wide range of processes and systems
- Monitor and assess risks to accounting systems and processes impacting the accuracy or timeliness of financial reporting
- Oversight of the monthly financial close process, maintenance and control of procedure documents and close schedules
- Risk and Control management responsibilities, including:
- Annual risk assessment, including recommendations to mitigate risk related to financial controls and reporting
- Participation in SOX or local equivalent review of controls over financial reporting
- Review financial reporting dependencies in a rapidly changing environment, and design and implementation of controls to mitigate risk of inaccurate financial reporting
- Develop effective governance, including in remote-managed locations
- Business support, including:
- Interpretation of accounting technical matters to non-technical and/or non-finance business partners
- Preparing and presenting local entity financial statements at semi-annual balance sheet review meetings
- Delegation and review of support work carried out by offshore accounting teams
- Contingency planning (e.g. holiday, sickness cover) for local accounting hub as well as providing emergency support for equivalent accounting hubs in Lyon and Geneva
- Supervision of local and US external auditors, as well as support for other statutory and tax audit matters
The next great EA Accounting Manager also needs:
- At least two of the following backgrounds:
- Fully qualified or finalist ACA/ACCA/CIMA-qualified
- Prior equivalent GL work experience with a multinational company
- Prior public accounting experience
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in German, Swedish, or Finnish a plus
- Familiarity with UK GAAP or IFRS required
- Demonstrated time management skills, including the ability to balance month-end close priorities with participation on systems implementation, and worldwide alignment and efficiency improvement projects
- Proven experience with month-end US (or multinational) corporate reporting deadlines and/or preparation of local statutory financial statements; experience with SEC registrants a plus
- Proven experience identifying and communicating general accounting issues to non-technical and/or non-finance business partners
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate emerging technical accounting issues, and train others as necessary
- Proven experience with corporate governance and/or internal controls compliance; SOX experience a plus
- Experience with corporate taxation issues and multinational transfer pricing required
- Experience working with remote or offshore teams, including remote team management, required
- Familiarity with US GAAP, German GAAP, Swedish GAAP, or local equivalent a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
- Experience with Oracle R12 (or ERP equivalent), Hyperion Financial Management, Cadency, and Onesource a plus
- Disciplined self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work and work of others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated in executive-level discussions
- Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
- Travel required, approximately 10-15%
We appreciate the work contractors provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Onsite cafe
- Our very own barista
- Games Area
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-20 17:04:22.56
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB