Program Manager, Competitive Gaming Division
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154175
Position Title: Program Manager II
Program Manager – Competitive Gaming Division
Based in Redwood Shores, CA
Reports directly to Competitive Gaming Commissioner
EA’s newest official Competitive Gaming franchise was just announced as Command & Conquer: Rivals, adding the first mobile title to EA’s competitive portfolio. Its commissioner is spinning up the global leadership team responsible for inspiring the world to play Rivals competitively, making stars of our players and creating the future of interactive entertainment.
We are looking for passionate, determined and humble individuals with the imagination to innovate and lead in the industry. At EA, working on “competitive gaming” is not just esports; it’s also the competitive experiences in-game that impact all players. We need great talent and great minds to do right by all those players.
A pivotal leader on this new team is the Competitive Gaming Program Manager, who will serve as the Competitive Gaming Commissioner’s “righthand person.” As the Program Manager, you’ll lead key projects that will shape the success of this new competitive gaming franchise. You’ll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to drive the business forward by focusing on what excites our players and drives engagement. Your collaborative mindset will help build partnerships both internally with the development team and publishing organization — and externally with third-party strategic partners.
This role requires deep professional experience in esports or major traditional pro sports. Familiarity with mobile esports is a plus but is not required.
The Program Manager will drive the game’s initiatives and meet the needs of our players through world-class programs and activations.
Create and drive programs focused on:
- New player acquisition – Motivate new players to try out competitive game modes
- Engagement – Inspire our existing players to prolong their experiences with competitive play
- Viewership – Drive fans to interact with and consume the game’s competitive content
- Deliver best-in-class live events by partnering with third-party production teams to craft an unforgettable live-event experience for our professional competitors and spectators.
- Forge meaningful relationships with third-party tournament organizers and online communities in order to gather feedback, identify needs and provide relevant information.
- Be the strategic partner for local territory marketing teams to help build and deliver local competitions that ladder up into the global competitive framework and meet our high standards.
- Serve as a Competitive Gaming functional expert and work with the Global Brand Management and Campaign Management teams to create plans that mesh with the overall franchise marketing plans.
- Partner closely with all internal cross-functional marketing teams (such as Community Engagement, Event Management, Web Team and Retail Marketing) to ensure fully integrated planning and execution.
- Represent business interests and assist legal teams in timely execution of all third-party strategic partner agreements.
- Create project plans and schedules that maximize event and initiative quality within scope of resources and budget.
- Day-to-day support of Competitive Gaming Division initiatives that include (but are not limited to) player management, talent and vendor partnerships, sponsorship activations and budget control.
- 2-5 years of experience in project management, marketing or business management, preferably in the video game, experimental marketing or sports industries
- Passion for video games and deep knowledge of esports across multiple leagues and game franchises
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize
- Marketing, business, event management or sports management degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking
- Ability to build strong working relationships built on mutual trust
- Proven success leading groups and managing various stakeholders
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Effective collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage projects on schedule and within budget
- Practical experience with on-site event logistics and production operations
- Able to work flexible hours, including travel to attend competitions on weekends as required
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/redwood-shores
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer such comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager, Competitive Gaming Division
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-19 21:08:00.663
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US