Director of Business Development - FIFA
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154043
Position Title: Director, Business Development
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Business Development team provides a central organization for the structuring, negotiation and execution of third-party partnerships, including licensing, technology deals, platform relationships and publishing partnerships. We work closely with internal businesses to shape EA’s future.
The Business Development team is seeking a Director of Business Development who will work within the FIFA Licensing Team, and have responsibility for the procurement of licenses, management of key partnerships and influence the licensing strategy for the FIFA videogame franchise.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience dealing with licensing and partnerships within the football industry. Have experience in driving the deal process, including sourcing opportunities, evaluating partnerships and structuring and negotiating contracts. This role is ideal for an individual with strong analytical acumen, the ability to work well in a highly matrixed organization and accustomed to working in a rapidly-changing environment.
What a Director of Business Development does at EA:
- Lead license procurement and renewals for selected leagues, clubs, talent and brands.
- Maintain strong relationships with top leaders at assigned leagues and club partners.
- Provide licensed partners with regular business, and strategy updates. In addition to presenting and gaining high level approval for the yearly product feature sets.
- Contribute to the modeling, research and evaluation of deal opportunities.
- Effectively collaborate with legal, finance and other internal teams throughout the contract negotiation process.
- Work in close partnership with the FIFA Competitive Gaming Team to deliver against all their licensing and partnerships needs.
- Influencing and executing against the long-term licensing strategy for the Football Business Unit including regular communication with the leadership team.
- Act as interface between development team, marketing and licensors. Provide feedback on features, help gain consensus and work with partner teams to gain necessary approvals
- Co-ordination of the various teams that need to partner with licensors, and ensure that all communication is happening in an efficient manner, and that any decisions are reviewed and agreed by the relevant stakeholders.
- Create a set of core KPIs relevant to the licensing team through close collaboration with the analytics team
The next great EA Director of Business Development also needs:
- Significant demonstrable work experience in business/partnership development;
- Previous football industry experience is mandatory;
- Expert knowledge and a strong passion for European football (soccer) is mandatory;
- Knowledge of Asian, South and North American football (soccer) is desired;
- Business Affairs experience in the sports, ideally in the football (soccer) business;
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to engage and influence senior executives.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Must be detailed oriented and have an excellent eye for quality;
- Quick learner with the ability to work independently;
- Able to manage multiple products and projects at the same time;
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight timelines;
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Business Development - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-19 23:33:19.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB