Sr. Manager, Business Operations
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154003
Position Title: Senior Program Manager
Sr. Manager, Business Operations
The Competitive Gaming Division (CGD) Senior Manager, Business Operations will work closely with the CGD Operations senior leadership team to drive business operations for the division. In this role you will lead key initiatives and projects and drive business presentations and reporting for the division. You will also provide support to key competitive gaming franchise teams.
As a member of the CGD Operations team, you will identify and help drive cross-organization initiatives against our top CGD priorities, including analysis, recommendations and best practices relating to our project planning process and reporting as well as operational performance improvement.
- Lead: The coordination and planning for large-scale project driving the evolution of the Competitive Gaming division.
- Lead the creation of internal business presentations and related reporting.
- Partner with the Global Analytics team and other members of the CGD team on key metrics reporting.
- Drive cross-functional efforts: Lead efforts to drive cross-functional planning and prep activities across assigned projects including the creation of detailed work plans and identification of dependencies working with both internal and external groups.
- Report Status / Risk Mitigation Plan: Drive regular status update meetings to assess progress and identify risks. Work with cross functional partners to proactively mitigate risks. As appropriate escalate risks to senior management. Consistently look for opportunities to improve how we work.
- Ensure activities are completed within compliance to EA business processes: work with the program team to ensure appropriate legal and finance processes are adhered to in the delivery of events.
- Lead the ongoing evolution of processes and tools within scope / consistently look for opportunities to improve how we work: Assess current processes and tools and proactively identify efficiency opportunities.
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business or management.
- Years of experience: 5-7+ years at mid-level management with:
- Specific experience leading large-scale projects, program managing large-scale projects, creating impactful presentations, and working with cross functional teams across various locations
- Excellent communication and project management skills (e.g. managing to timelines & budgets, setting expectations, leading cross-functional teams.).
- Presentation Skills: Experience in presenting large volume of complex data in a streamlined, summarized way (e.g. writing and presenting status decks to varying levels of leadership)
- MBA a plus
- Strong business acumen with experience working with metrics and related reporting
- Can lead large cross-functional strategic initiatives autonomously as needed
- Proven ability to influence across teams to deliver results collaboratively
- Solutions Provider: Able to identify and/or create solutions even when none seem immediately present
- Self-Starter: Independent and motivated. Can act upon opportunities and issues accordingly
- Effective Communicator: Comfortable communicating with a broad range of business partners. Able to work with various levels of the organization to bring solutions and understanding.
- Flexible and agile: Able to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Strong business acumen
- Organizational Ability
- Able to navigate complex regional and global relationships
- Problem Solving
- Strong influence Skills
- Attention to Detail
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Business Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-17 19:32:03.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US