Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 153886
Position Title: Contingent
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st JANUARY 2019
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Currently studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree.
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2019.
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support.
- Please provide a portfolio/showreel to be considered for this position. Be sure to highlight the specific work you were responsible for if your showreel includes group projects.
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s UK game studios, Criterion and Ghost are opening up a number of yearlong internships, spanning all game development crafts.
We are growing our team with talented people who can help us take a huge leap forwards, and you, the next generation of game makers, are central to this ambition. As we explore new possibilities within gaming, challenge our own beliefs and step outside of our comfort zone, we need fresh perspective that challenges convention and inspires us to grow.
To that end, we’re looking for a talented and motivated Intern Artist who can help us on this journey, while learning about the field of games art hands-on.
What an Intern Artist does:
Game art encompasses many areas, and artists who join the team will have the chance to develop their all-round creative skills. We have Concept Artists to visualise ideas and designs; environment, vehicle and character artists who design and create the visual elements of our games; lighting, VFX artists and animators who bring these to life through the portrayal of realistic effects, movement and behaviour; cinematic artists that create the action for our cut scenes and game trailers; Technical Artists to design and write the tools and pipelines to solve team needs and GUI artists who create the menus and HUDs that guide the player.
We’re offering an exciting opportunity for a talented junior artist to join the studio on a 1-year internship, where you’ll experience life in our art department. Applicants should be passionate about games with an interest and expertise in one or more of the above areas.
We are looking for someone versatile, with strong foundation art skills, solid understanding of colour and the ability to take something from concept to completion. We believe that raw talent combined with a positive attitude is what’s needed to make great games. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Experience and Skills, we are looking for:
- You need to be in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree and available for a 1-year placement commencing summer 2019
- Currently studying towards a relevant art or games degree with an excellent game-focused portfolio
- Experience in one or more areas of game art (Environment, vehicle, character, lighting, VFX, animation, technical art etc.)
- Experience with major 3D package (Maya, 3DS Max) as well as Photoshop
- Experience with additional software packages is desirable (ZBrush, Houdini, After Effects, Mental Ray, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house tools
- Experience and skills in 3D and/or 2D graphics, with the ability to adapt to different styles
- Strong foundation art skills (drawing, etc.), with a good eye for colour and composition
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for games is essential
You must provide a portfolio/showreel to be considered for this position. Be sure to highlight the specific work you were responsible for if your showreel includes group projects
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages. Other benefits include:
- Free onsite gym.
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas).
- Onsite café.
- Our very own barista.
- Games Area
More importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
We are based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
More about our studios: http://criteriongames.com/
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Intern Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-20 11:22:48.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB