Senior Development Director
Location: Gothenburg, SE
Requisition Number: 153821
Position Title: Sr DD
We Are GHOST
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At GHOST, we all share the passion to create something extraordinary. We strive to deliver world class experiences, so we demand the very best from ourselves. For us, creativity is not a skill with any one individual so much as a mindset. By exercising a flat hierarchy and nurturing an attentive design process, we listen to all the crazy ideas thrown around the office. We believe there is no better place to grow professionally, find new friends, and kick back after a hard day’s work.
The Challenge Ahead:
You will be a person who focuses on the execution of a game or number of small projects. You will be responsible for ensuring there are credible plans and the teams are set up for success to deliver on them. In addition, you will be accountable for effective and efficient development of these projects to meet their delivery of budget, time and quality. You person will inspire, influence, coach, and develop your team at the studio.
What a Senior Development Director does:
You need to be someone driven to get things done as well as creative, enthusiastic and a natural leader. As a leader you will set your own priorities, but a typical week could include:
- Champion the plan: collaborating with talent to develop plans and achieve success
- Coaching: coach and develop other Development Director’s to achieve our team goals and their personal goals
- Coach teams on process: selecting most suitable process and most valuable metrics, communicating plans, challenges and tracking to the team
- Lead the way to achieve high performing teams, creating and championing best practice
- Identify, mitigate and manage project risks
- Provide effective feedback: to both people they manage and members of their team
- Nurture a healthy and happy team
- Manage project budgets in line with studio priorities
- Collaborate effectively with studio leadership and the Director of Product Development (DPD)
The next great GHOST Senior Development Director needs passion for:
- Coaching and facilitating people to achieve studio, project and personal goals
- Applying, defining and implementing the right development process to suit the challenge at that time and is suitable for those involved.
- The way we create: not doing things just because that’s the way we’ve done them before, understanding change is a necessary part of success
- The people you work with: asking appropriate questions and being open to new solutions is key to you and your team’s development
- Generous collaborator: a desire and inherent need to work with others to achieve great things, develop ideas, plans and strategies
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-06 14:53:34.493
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gothenburg, SE