League Operations Coordinator, Madden Competitive Gaming - Contract
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 162001
Position Title: Contingent
League Operations Coordinator – EA SPORTS Madden Competitive Gaming
Minimum 6 month Contract (Sept-Feb) w/ Opportunity for Extension
We are looking for a humble but driven digital native who is passionate about competitive gaming, football, and who wants to create the future of interactive entertainment. This individual would join a global team to assist in the growth of competitive gaming for the EA SPORTS Madden NFL franchise.
A key part of the team is the League Operations Coordinator. As the League Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with the League Operations Manager and be responsible for driving Madden Competitive Gaming player initiatives and maintaining the Madden competitive gaming ecosystem with transparency, efficiency, and integrity. You’ll join a tightly integrated team that crafts strategies to drive the business forward by focusing on what excites our players and drives engagement.
The League Operations Coordinator will drive Competitive Gaming initiatives and meet the needs of our players by maintaining a competitive gaming ecosystem with high transparency, efficiency and integrity.
- Provide great service and training to internal and external operators of sanctioned tournaments.
- Ensure that competitive rulesets and formats are comprehensive, clear and consistently applied across all sanctioned tournaments.
- Manage the tournament operations of online and live events by establishing repeatable processes and best practices.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships within Competitive Gaming Entertainment and other internal studio teams to secure required support for online and offline event executions.
- Communicate rules verbally and in written format to resolve competitor disputes and provide insights to spectators.
- Forge meaningful relationships with online communities to gather feedback, identify needs and message guidelines and obligations.
- Increase competitor satisfaction.
- Assist with the day-to-day execution of League Operations
- Evaluate competitions, identify opportunities for improvement.
- 1-2 years of experience managing esports or major organized sports programs, teams or tournaments
- Passion for football and the NFL, video games, and competitive gaming
- A advanced understanding of online and live event competitive experiences from the player’s and organizer’s perspective
- Experience in quickly resolving disputes and applying judgement calls to complicated rule scenarios in high-pressure situations
- Strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills. Able to succinctly articulate complex scenarios in an understandable manner for key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- High attention to detail, ability to multitask and maintain composure
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to build strong relationships built on mutual trust
- Self-motivated Individual with an ability to work independently with guidance
- Ability to work on call and work weekends
- Proficient with MS Office, G Suite, Social Media, and Community Forums
Community / Marketing Title: League Operations Coordinator, Madden Competitive Gaming - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-10 21:52:37.573
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.