Community Specialist - Contract
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 161726
Position Title: Contingent
Community Specialist - (Temporary - 12 months)
WE WANT YOUR BRAINZ… PopCap is on the hunt for bright, talented people with a passion for making the world’s best games. What’s in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-winning titles like Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and Peggle. Are you up for the challenge?
We are seeking a Community Specialist to join the Live Operations team for Plants vs. Zombies to aid in our creation of a healthy and active community of players founded on open communication and productive conversations.
In your role as a Community Specialist, you will report to the Live Producer, and under the guidance of the Community Manager, you will be working alongside Producers, Developers, PM, and QV acting as a conduit of information between the players and the development team.
This role would be based in the Seattle office but we are currently working from home. Onsite work would only resume when deemed safe to do so.
As a Community Specialist, you will be
- Engaging directly with our players day in and day out across multiple channels
- A source of knowledge to players, answering questions and clarifying design issues
- An active listener when players bring up issues or items they dislike or disagree with, treating their opinions with respect and following up with diligence
- Creating copy and posting information about the latest updates in-game as well as in forums, threads, and channels
- Escalating high priority incidents or issues to Community Manager or Live Operations Production
- Providing daily and/or weekly summaries of hot topics or issues
- Working directly with the game team and Live Operations pod to inform and learn about upcoming changes and future plans
- Work with the Community Manager to execute the content and community strategy
- Be an advocate for our players and the community
- Passion for video games, the player experience, and ideally Plants vs. Zombies!
- 2-3 yrs experience in engaging with and building video-game communities.
- Extensive Experience creating content for and curating social media platforms
- Experience in game-specific forums as well as Reddit and Discord
- Experience with mobile products ideal but not required
- Experience building a new community a strong plus
- Exceptional communicator - You will need to adopt a variety of voices within the role: describing how a new feature will work to players in update notes; writing succinct weekly reports to project leadership; digging for more information if needed or providing clear explanations to players voicing concerns; providing feedback and articulating player concerns to the developers
- Patience and Emotional Intelligence - our players are fiercely passionate about the games they play and are not shy to express their emotions. You must be able to remain calm amid the storm and refrain from getting caught up in stressful situations.
- Detail Oriented - the players are experts in our game so you must be sure that the work you do is accurate and precise
- Team player - a proven ability to work with team-mates and peers in a dynamic environment
- Experience and fluency with social media platforms (eg, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, Discord, etc) and how to communicate with fan-run gaming communities
- Plus: Hands-on experience using Confluence, JaaS/JIRA, Spiketrap, or similar products
Community / Marketing Title: Community Specialist - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-15 19:04:39.487
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.