Senior Software Engineer II - Frostbite
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 161484
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
Software Engineer, Frostbite Foundation - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry with deep player experiences.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a systems engineer on the Foundation team you will be working on core technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The Foundation team works on low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve some of our most engaging problems, you will work on the latest gaming hardware, manage low-level libraries like EASTL, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
- Design and implement complex low-level systems used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Provide architectural guidance, technical direction and oversight for complex systems level feature sets
- Work with the wider Frostbite engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems level technology
- Collaborate with team leadership to build roadmaps
- Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team. Help in improving team productivity, code quality and sustainable development
- Be a mentor to help develop the team
- Implement automated tests
- Support others using Frostbite Foundation’s technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- High level of proficiency with C++
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Profiling and optimization experience
- Understand memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Experience using source control systems on code bases with a large number of active developers
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience in game console development
- Standard C++ library, concurrency
- C# for scripting or .NET/WPF development
Would you like to know more?
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer II - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-29 18:11:51.723
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.