Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 161400
Position Title: Contingent
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
We require a UX Designer to join us for a 12 month contract on the next Need for Speed game, whose affinity for ergonomics will ensure the player can explore a complex network of selection and customization screens. You will design and create interface workflows alongside assets and overlays for in game presentation and functionality.
What a UX Designer does at Criterion:
A UX Designer is responsible for developing user experience strategies and designs to achieve reusable, scalable game interfaces that immerse the player in a intuitive experience. Your analytical eye and user centric design experience enable you to create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes and designs that communicate detailed interaction behaviours to promote agreement and develop methodologies.
Collaboration is key as you bring together requirements from Art Directors and Game Directors to develop in-game visual style guide, UI design systems, information architecture and game features. You will work with a multi-discipline team of artists, engineers and technical artists.
A UX Designer also needs:
- You will collaborate with important partners to promote UX design for games across the studio
- Experience in the aspects of player experience flows: From brief or problem definition to the solution of the problem. Under consideration of the user journey by means of flow charts/information architecture, wireframes up to potential prototypes.
- A visual design portfolio that demonstrates your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion.
- Experience creating visual style guides and design systems within the constraints of existing brand identities.
- Experience working with UX researchers, conducting user-tests and analysing data.
- Demonstratable UX design and prototyping (e.g. Sketch, Invision, and Adobe XD)
- You will also understand visual design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience with Game Engines and 3D experience a plus.
- A broad interest and understanding of player types and console gameplay design.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our studio:http://criteriongames.com/
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-18 09:21:30.777
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.