Associate Quality Designer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 161371
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
The engagement with EAP is a complex approach towards a more in-depth partnership between QV Teams and external development studios. You will work with teams across the globe, with different cultures and understanding of test processes and requirements thus creating the need for a more nurtured way of delivering and interpreting information and results. At the same time, a more detailed approach in explaining processes and requirements and a solid knowledge of the entire QV architecture and methodology will be necessary as there will be no barriers between us and our partners and other EA groups.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Associate Quality Designer oversees multiple tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the quality of targeted test items. You will be the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project. You will report to the Project Manager of the team.
The Associate Quality Designer champions best practice and progress in testing, playing a necessary role in ensuring testing processes are up-to-date and accurate. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from partners.
- Work with Project Managers and Quality Designers to help provide the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple the assigned area/project.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools (or driving the vision/concept for new tools that have been developed/acquired)
- Review database issues and consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required while working with the Project Manager.
- Work with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for new data tracking to support further transformation of QV testing practices.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative or design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective.
- Use user analytics to create improved test strategies that focus on improving essential features and user paths.
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain.
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design and execution.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role at each stage.
- Ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-11 08:18:29.43
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.