Data Analyst (Regular Full-time)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 161041
Position Title: Staff Analyst
Quality Verification Data Analyst
The Data Analyst role, in Testing & QV organization, will assemble data from multiple sources, conducting analyses, performing research, working with different internal customers, designing and documenting analytical solutions, and compiling and presenting results, in graphical and written summaries, to a variety of audiences. You will build metrics reporting systems and for tracking process improvements across the organization. You will, managing multiple responsibilities and deadlines in an internationally based team. You are someone who combines solid technical skills with pride in excellence, who also shows the potential to grow into a client-facing consulting role and a consulting role (i.e. development of simulation models).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct analysis using statistical software, databases, and spreadsheets (can write advanced macros and maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Design and monitor important metrics, understanding causes of changes in metrics
- Build and analyze live dashboards and reports
- Develop scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources
- Assemble and maintain databases to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Create and operate scripted methodologies for generating analysis and reports.
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Prepare professional results in presentation and document format
- Quality verification on final results for consistency and accuracy
- Dealing with data providers in internal client organizations, specifically in the development of data requests, checking of data received, and follow up with data providers on data issues.
- Deal directly with clients on projects involving technical methodologies
- Present results to clients in a clear and respectful manner
- Collect feedback
- Project management and quality assurance of active projects
Skills and Knowledge Required
- 2 years minimum of professional experience in analytics
- Data Analysis - Very good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods
- Math including statistics, simulation, and optimization - Understanding of correlation, regression, classification and other statistical methods used to look at the data from different angles for use in prescriptive and predictive models
- Experience working with large operational data sets, involving categorical data for solving classification problems, is a plus.
- Expert data visualization techniques for charts and reports - Good knowledge of Tableau, and Power BI.
- Unstructured Data handling - Know best practices on how to stage unstructured data and model it to solve the problem at hand
- Prepare professional documents and presentations using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Start and maintain partnerships between valuable customers
- A passion to tell a compelling story supported by data
- Experience working with clients and working in a team environment
- University degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research)
You are encouraged to highlight how you meet these requirements in a cover letter.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Flexible working hours (expectation to work and align data across global locations)
- Experience leading challenging projects (academic or professional)
- Experience working in an international team
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Games industry experience helpful
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during your period of employment.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst (Regular Full-time)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-15 17:16:30.83
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.