Assistant Producer (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160778
Position Title: Asst Producer II
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We’re looking for an experienced Assistant Producer to join our Apex Legends team and support our LiveOps efforts. We’re picturing someone who can anchor communication across the team, manage cross-functional workflow-dependencies and risks, and help the team hit their development and release goals. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong live service and game development sensibilities, who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do...
- Manage the release pipeline for scheduled patches and hotfixes. Collaborate with QA, Live Production, and Release Management to meet deadlines for creating builds, testing, addressing issues and other requirements needed to get patches and hotfixes through submission pipelines and published.
- Key member of the Live Production team leading the first response to address issues our players are experiencing.
- Triage, prioritize and develop plans to mitigate and address Live issues.
- Collaborate along with Production teammates on development processes and handoffs between feature development and Live Production and Release Management teams.
- Conduit between departments, providing support to the team in a variety of different capacities and keeping teams informed of issues, requirements and helping to remove roadblocks.
- Partner with Development team, QA, Marketing, Community Management, CS and other groups to ensure information regarding game updates and addressed issues are shared, and player communication plans align.
- Support scheduling needs. Take meeting notes and publish to the team.
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Identify and help resolve team issues.
- Constantly evaluate and iterate to improve production and development processes.
Ideally you will have...
- Experience as a Producer on a AAA game/s through the full development cycle; from concept to ship.
- 3+ years’ experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
- Strong communications skills.
- Growing knowledge of game development, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
- Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
- Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
- Smart with strong intuition.
- Familiarity with Confluence, Jira and related software.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
- Intense passion for video games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Producer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-21 22:08:07.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.