Sr Technical Program Manager - Cloud Platform
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 160625
Position Title: Senior Program Manager I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world — in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, and the Emirates — on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models.
Technical Operations and Cloud Engineering’s charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that ensure rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we endeavor to improve the efficiency in cost and capacity use.
- Engagement: Lead large programs across cloud engineering, game studios, services, and digital platform teams for solutions needed to manage and migrate services to the cloud.
- Programs: Lead cloud infrastructure and services development efforts and collaborate across dependent engineering teams to operationalize tooling and platforms.
- Products: Guide vision and engagement goals into tactical efforts with roadmaps, priorities, and measurable milestones.
- Identity and manage cross-group considerations needed for delivery.
- Quality: Ensuring testing to meet acceptance and performance criteria defined by the program.
- Service Management: Participating in change and release management that results in zero downtime and zero data loss deployments.
- Data: Use data and our requirements to help improve vision, requirements, and service improvements.
- Efficient: Driving for services and tooling operations that are easy to use, integrated, and resource efficient.
Experience / Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years program management experience
- 5+ years experience across component definition, design, engagement, engineering, and service management for highly available online services and platforms.
- Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft.
- Experienced with cloud engineering components including: container models, service discovery, monitoring and diagnostic tooling, dev chain tooling, NoSQL proficiency would be a plus
- Past work with on-premise, hybrid, and cloud hosting environments.
- Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
- Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group programs.
- For your scope, able to bring clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
- Create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work.
- Passionate about achieving goals
- Aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
- Pioneer and act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
- Listen and be open to new ways of thinking.
- Teamwork and being committed to each other
- Speak up when needed and be a collaborator.
- Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming space would be considered a huge plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
You will report to the Sr Director of Program Management for Cloud Engineering.
Locations: Seattle WA, Austin TX
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Technical Program Manager - Cloud Platform
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-06 17:50:29.54
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.