Summer Intern 2020 - BioWare Game Analytics
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159901
Position Title: Intern General
We are recruiting an Associate Analyst Intern at our Austin studio, reporting to the Global Analytics & Insights (GAI) department and partnering closely with the BioWare Development Team. At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. In this role, you will strive to be the voice of the player, providing the studio approachable analysis, insights, and relevant takeaways from a rich landscape of gameplay data, ultimately improving the player experience and/or monitoring business health. As part of our team, we want you to explore the data and get creative with us, so we can keep evolving as we make great games.
What an Associate Analyst does at EA:
- Own a project that may require you to:
- Develop machine learning models predicting player behavior.
- Utilize behavioral segmentation techniques to better understand who plays our games.
- Determine causality via A/B testing or other experimental techniques.
- Explore various sources of information (internal player data, survey results, research data, industry sources, sales data) to gain insights, support decision-making processes, and inform future development.
- Collaborate with other central teams to explore opportunities that can improve the player experience.
- Communicate and present findings to key stakeholders and the wider EA analytics community.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests related to our titles.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Psychology, Engineering, or similar fields.
- We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a bachelors or masters program in the summer of 2020, slated to graduate in fall of 2020 or spring of 2021.
- Experience applying quantitative methods to understand and solve challenging problems.
- Experience building clear, user-friendly data visualizations and tables.
- SQL proficiency and ability to extract data from large data sources with differing structures.
- Experience with a statistical analysis tool (such as R, Python, or SAS) to perform analysis.
- Familiarity with version control and reproducible research best practices.
- Passion for playing games, thinking critically about them, and a “player first” mindset is a plus!
Community / Marketing Title: Summer Intern 2020 - BioWare Game Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 17:14:46.48
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.